Intercultural Dialogue Institute hosts the Dialogue and Friendship Programs in Ottawa. Since 2006, each of these programs has served approximately 200 attendees; who come from all walks of life; including the members of the government, members of parliament; ambassadors, bureaucrats, business people, media members, professors, as well as religious and community leaders.
Speakers convey the message that people could be very diverse, but should be accepting of other cultures. Speakers reflect on the importance of interfaith and cross-cultural dialogue in forming a global agenda of love, peace, cooperation, and compassion.
Each of the dialogue programs has a distinct theme. Some of the themes we explored up to now include:
• The Language of Art and the Art of Living Together
• Peaceful Co-existence
• Spiritual Democracy for the 21st century: Nurturing Humane Love, Respect, and Compassion
Some of our distinguished guests include:
• Hon. Peter Milliken, Speaker of the House of Commons
• Jim Watson, Mayor of Ottawa
• Vernon White, Chief of Ottawa Police
• Dr. Roseann O’Reilly Runte, President and Vice-Chancellor of Carleton University
• Father Alex, Hellenic Community of Ottawa