On Thursday, December 4, 2014, Intercultural Dialogue Institute – Ottawa held its second Annual Season’s Greetings and New Year Celebration Dinner. The event was held at the Intercultural Dialogue Centre and attracted a diverse group of people from across Ottawa. The evening commenced with a warm reception and continued with an open buffet dinner with dessert and tea. From community builders, professors and religious leaders, to government staff, a member of provincial parliament, and members of cultural organizations, many people brought friends and family to take part of the lively evening filled with dialogue. As everyone expressed their excitement for the upcoming New Year, several distinguished guests came forward to welcome all guests to the program. They took the opportunity to share stories specific to their professional background and also expressed their sincere appreciation of the tremendous work IDI-Ottawa has been doing for the community. The evening ended with a family photo and warm wishes for the upcoming holiday.
Below are the names and titles of the speakers:
1. Brenda Merkley, Executive Member, Bridlewood Community Association
2. Monica Wu, Co-Founder of Asian Heritage Month
3. Ann Miller, Member, Anglican Diocese of Ottawa
4. John Dorner, Archdiocese of Ottawa
5. Muhammad Azhar Ali Khan, President, National Capital Region Muslim Coordinating Council
6. Roman Mukerjee, Ambassador, Intercultural/Interfaith Dialogue
7. Jack MacLaren, MPP, Carleton-Mississippi Mills
Please refer to the gallery below for the photos of the great event.